CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3 sweet girls!!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Your prayers are working!

















Thank you so much to all those who have been praying for us on our journey! We had a much better day today! We went on a long walk to a department store and bought a few clothes for Sara. I had to buy some warmer things since all I brought was summer stuff, and today it is actually cool. I had to get a sweater because I had already gotten the evil eye from several people and perhaps cussed out by others (who knows) about her not being dressed warmly enough. I'm ready now though! $70 later, we have 2 new long pants outfits, a hat, and a sweater. We can do this!! After we left there, we discovered the second best restaurant in China...Pizza Hut! Oh yes-it was delicious! Not quite as good as the Big Mac the other day, but great! The lady we ate with was a bit disturbed though, because her seafood supreme pizza that she thought only had shrimp on it, had little pieces of octopus! How funny is that?! On the way back to the hotel, we passed several little stands (very dirty) set up grilling and selling God only knows what , but I think it was some type of rodent. It appeared to be an entire animal (boneless) and it was very small, so I'm thinking a rat. That is just disgusting. People were just eating them on sticks! In my opinion, some things were not meant to be eaten by humans! YUCK! Well, we are very happy tonight because tomorrow morning we are flying to Guangzhou which should be a lot better. It is a bigger city with a lot more shopping. One of the other ladies and my friend Angie have both been there, and they both said that it was much better than here. Well, I'd better get off here and get to packing. Thanks again for the prayers and keep them coming! There really is power in prayer you know! I love you all and miss you bunches!! :)



2 comments:

Angie said...

So glad everyone looks and sounds a lot happier today!!! You are halfway there!! You may be cool where you are, but it will get HOT in Guangzhou! You will LOVE Lucy's and McD's is right beside your hotel, so happy days are coming!! Give that sweet baby a kiss from Mia & me!! I can't wait to squeeze her tight!!

Hugs to you all!!!

Angie & mia

kara farr said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! So glad today was better!!! Just think next week you and your sweet family will all be together!!!! So excited for you! Seafood supreme pizza? Wonder if Pizza Place has that...haha!! Well, we miss you and pray tomorrow will be better!!! Love you!