CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3 sweet girls!!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

6 down, 8 to go!

















Well, we've made it 6 days, now there are only 8 more to go! We have today and tomorrow in this province, then Friday morning we fly out to Guangzhou. I think it is supposed to be better there. I am trying really hard to be positive, but I am having a hard time. I so want to go home! It just gets a little frustrating when you don't understand why people do things so differently, why things are the way they are, or what anyone is saying. I think God is trying to teach me to respect other cultures for who they are and understand that everyone is not the same. It's okay, though, because we can do anything for 8 more days, right? We have seen many beautiful places, though. We went to the People's park yesterday, which was really pretty. Sara slept through most of it! We only got scolded once by a few older women, and that was because the sun was in her eyes. Thankfully, our guide, Mary, was with us, and she talked to them while we just kept walking. I really don't see how we raised Lauren and Caroline to be 9 and 11 (lol)! I almost went back to the room this morning on the way to breakfast because I forgot to put her socks on her and was afraid I would get scolded, but luckily nobody said anything! It's only the older generation who ever says anything. The younger people are usually very nice and always brag on how beautiful she is. Some people just look at you like you are a freak, and you know they are talking about you, but most people just smile. It's easy to tell they don't see a lot of Americans in this province. Oh-we did have our second best experience so far...McDonald's! We have been soooooooo hungry it's ridiculous! John went in and bought us 3 combo meals! I was eating like 4 fries at a time on the bus! It was like heaven! McDonald's never tasted so good! Well, we really are doing well, and I don't mean to sound like a complainer, but I'm just a little homesick, that's all! I'm ready to see my girls at home and the rest of the family!! There is truth in the line "There's no place like home!" I love you all and miss you bunches! Please keep the prayers coming because we need them now more than ever!! :)

3 comments:

Angie said...

So glad to hear from ya'll...I was about to call your Momma, Christy!! I love that ya'll are looking like tourists...LOL...been there done that!! Sara looks so happy and looks like everyone is adjusting well!! Guangzhou will be better just hang on!!! Still praying for all of you!!

Hugs to you all!!

Angie & Mia

kara farr said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I have COMPLETE faith in you!!! I can't imagine what you are going through but I'm so proud of you and John! What an experience!! We love and miss you tons!!!

amyj_drane said...

the pictures are awesome and lil' miss Sara is an absolutely doll baby! This is such a special and PRICELESS moment that you are experiencing...no other feeling like it in the world! Isn't it amazing how PERFECT God's timing really is? Hugs and many Blessings! Amy Drane